Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 9

5.20.08
Motivational Quotes:
"Recognize that the feeling of not wanting to do something is actually an opportunity to exercise your inner strength." BP
"You have the power to change, and no one can take that away!" BP
"Don't let anybody tell you that you can't do it (the challenge). You can. It's up to you. Decide to do it, and then follow through." Porter Freeman

5 Goals for a successful day:
1- No snacking... success!
2- Watch at least 10 minutes of Body of Work... setback
3- Enlist and give support on BFL tracker website... success!
4- Put new music on MP3... setback
5- Envision goals... success!
Notes: Another great day. I really wasn't into my running when I got started but as I kept going and realizing how much easier (it's still hard) it's becoming I started feeling really good about it and was even able to really believe that I can do this half-marathon in January. That's been the hardest part- making that mental connection... really believing in myself. But it's definitely getting better. A good day with 3 stars!

Nutrition:
1. 10A egg mixture, Kellogg's All Bran Strawberry Medley Cereal, PN... same as planned
2. 12P leftover salad... same as planned
3. 2P PP Bar... 2:30P same as planned
4. 4P CC RTD... 4:30P same as planned
5. 6P Asian Beef Stir-Fry (EFL #83)... 6:30P same as planned
6. 8P CC RTD... 8:30P same as planned
Water- 105oz H2O
Notes: Completely by the books. I wasn't too crazy about the protein bar and I think I'll be changing that meal back to egg whites and fruit and only using the bars when I'm in a major crunch. Too chalky and chewy. And dinner was good but I couldn't finish it all. I need to probably do better at making sure my portions aren't too big for my dinner meal.

Training:
HIIT Running
Planned Time- 8:40-9A
Actual Time- 8:45-9:05A
Distance- 1.41 miles
Minutes Ran- 10
Highest Speed- 5.8
Notes: So like I said, I really wasn't wanting to do this but I didn't think and dwell about it and I just got up, went to the gym and got on the treadmill. I ran an extra minute today and upped my speed so that was good progress. I also noticed that I looked at the time a lot less today too and really felt more in shape and able to handle the running. It's happening- my goals are being recognized and will come to pass very soon!

No comments: