Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 3

4.23.08
Motivational Quote:
"See where you're going before you get there." BP (Bill Phillips, founder of Body-for-LIFE)
"Life gives you the choice... either learn to overcome challenges or succumb to them." BP

5 Goals for a successful day:
1- Do an early morning work-out so I'll be prepared for park day...success
2- Visualize reaching my goals...setback
3- Watch some of Body Of Work for motivation...setback
4- Enlist support from others on websites...setback
5- Show support to others on websites...setback
Notes: Day 3 was a rough one for me emotionally. I started off fine but I was going through some major depression issues and I finally realized, which is probably been obvious all along, that I'm a major comfort eater. I eat to comfort myself. And I never realized how bad it is until yesterday when I had a break-down and realized all I wanted to do was eat junk. I caved unfortunately but I won't let it get me down and I'll just count that as one of my free meals so no worries. I'm glad I'm aware of this problem I have so I can be prepared for when the problem arises and learn how to prevent comfort eating.

Nutrition:
1. 8:30A egg mixture and oatmeal, 2 CLA, 1 pre-natal...10A CC RTD
2. 11A turkey sandwich, veggie, 2 CLA...12P egg mixture, oatmeal mixture, 2 CLA, 1 pre-natal
3. 1P LF cottage cheese with FF yogurt... 2P turkey sandwich, salad, 2 CLA
4. 3P CC RTD...4P CC RTD
5. 6P taco pasta salad, salad, 2 CLA... ** Free Meal- 4 Hershey's nougats, handful of Doritos, 3 slices pepperoni Barro's pizza, about 1 cup Ben & Jerry's oatmeal cookie chunk ice cream (very dangerous discovery for me:( )
6. 8P CC RTD... no 6th meal
Water- 135oz H2O
Notes: So today started off mixed up in the first place since I got to my work-out later than planned and didn't have time to eat before I went to park day. But I worked with it and did well until I had a major depression attack and realized I'm a comfort eater. But like I said above, I am not gonna let it get me down and I'm gonna count my splurges as a free meal and move forward.

Training:
LBWO (Lower Body Work-out [weight training])
Planned Time- 6:48-7:30A (1 min. rest in between each set except no rest in between power set and 2 min. when switching body parts)
Actual Time- 8:30-9A
Quads- leg extentions 15x12, 30x10, 45x8, 60x6, power set 45x12, leg press 180x12
Hamstrings- lying leg curls 40x12, 50x10, 60x8, 70x6, power set 60x12, lunges 24x12
Calves- leg press machine calf raises 60x12, 70x10, 80x8, 90x6, power set 80x12, one-legged calf raise 20x12
Abs- ball crunches 3 sets of 25 with 45 second rests in between
Notes: Pretty good work-out. Need to do more weight on leg lift- only about a 7 intensity intead of a 10. Not sure about weight amount listed for calf raises. Need to find a good ab routine.

1 comment:

Janel said...

Hey I found your blog!! So far so good, you are doing great!! Just keep plugging along, you can totally do this!!