Friday, February 3, 2012

Here We Go Again

I actually started my new weight-loss plan on Monday and I debated back and forth of whether or not to do a fitness blog.  As you can see, I decided to do it. But I think it will be simpler.  As in I've decided to not count calories at this time, I won't make it necessary to work out only first thing in the morning, I will allow myself more breathing room with a cheat meal and cheat treat, and so forth.  If I overwhelm myself I won't stick to it.  I've also pre-registered for 4 races so far this year and all are non-refundable which I think will help me stick to the routine since I don't want to lose out on that money for nothing.  I started on Monday after a long debate of even attempting to try to lose weight again.  I struggled because I just did not want to make another attempt and fail again.  And I was really lacking in motivation.  I know I need to lose weight and that I am not happy about where I am at right now physically (AT ALL!) but I just wasn't motivated as I usually am when I start a program.  But I finally decided it's something I NEED, MUST do if I want to truly be happy and content.  So Monday morning came and after going to the gym first thing in the morning my fire started to ignite.  It's only been 4 days since then but my fire of motivation is in full blaze!  I have not cheated once (I had ice cream but that was my planned cheat treat for the week) and am not even craving the crap I usually eat.  I've gotten some great tips from my friend who's a fitness guru that have helped motivate me as well.  She told me to do some sort of rewards system and that really got me excited.  So on the right where I have "Progress" posted is where you can see the rewards system I'm using.
I also found this cool idea on Pinterest of using decorative rocks as a visual of your weight-loss.  Since I'm a very visual person I knew this would help motivate me.  So on my Thursday morning weigh-in when I lost 4 lbs (wahoo!) I was SO excited to put my 4 little rocks into the "Pounds Lost" jar.  Small things bring about great things:)
I am also keeping an exercise and food journal as well.  Like I mentioned before, I won't be counting calories but I will still record what I eat and at what time as well as my workouts.  My whole fitness plan is posted on the right as well.  I plan on posting what I ate and what workouts I did for the week at the end of the week.  I will also post any recipes or motivational thoughts and stuff like that.  I will not focus on perfection this time, but progress.  I can do this.

No comments: